There are clear advantages for singles who do not drink alcohol in comparison to those who do. I’ll present these facts soon, but first a little on my drinking history.
I have no room to talk since I drank an ocean of beer during my early dating heyday. But looking back, and now that I’m a bit wiser, I can definitely see the advantages for singles who do not drink alcohol. Do I have any non-drinking experience in social and romantic situations? Yes! The social events were the most growth producing. The romantic activities were the best of my life by far. Not even close. Magnificent! 😀
Let’s get into the strong spirited stuff. Here are the advantages for singles who do not drink alcohol in comparison to singles who do drink alcohol. First the non-drinkers.
Advantages for singles who do not drink alcohol.
- Clearer face
- Younger look
- More attractive
- Greater intelligence
- Faster thinker
- Clearer judgment
- Natural highs
- More optimism
- Less or no depression
- More energy
- More congenial
- More socially skilled
- More aware of social cues
- More attuned to romantic cues
- Better able to speak and act with grace
- Better able to judge a person’s character
- Better able to recognize dangerous situations
- Greater sensitivity to romantic cues
- Greater visual ability and stimulation
- Greater sensitivity to romantic touch
- Greater sensitivity to sexual interactions
- Greater ability to perform sexually
Disadvantages for singles who do drink alcohol.
- Less firm
- Less fit
- Facial redness, puffiness, pimples
- Older look
- Less attractive
- Less intelligence
- Slower thinker
- Poor judgment
- Unnatural highs… and severe lows
- More pessimism
- More depression
- Overly energized or lethargic
- Overly friendly to the point of being obnoxious
- Say and do inappropriate and embarrassing things
- Much less socially skilled
- Less aware or unaware of social cues
- Miss or inaccurately judge romantic cues
- Less able or unable to judge a person’s character
- Less able or unable to recognize dangerous situations
- Less or no sensitivity to romantic cues
- Much less visual ability and stimulation
- Much less sensitivity to romantic touch
- Much less sensitivity to sexual interactions
- Much less or no ability to perform (men) sexually
Isn’t alcohol wonderful stuff? In truth, it’s a poison. It offers no physical, mental, social, or romantic benefits whatsoever. Don’t believe all the bullshit we have been taught by the alcohol industry advertisements and relic cultural traditions since birth. These books explain these points extremely well and can help you quit.
- Easy Way to Stop Drinking by Allen Carr
- Stop Drinking Alcohol: A Simple Path by Kevin O’Hara
- See all these books.
This article, “How to Quit Drinking Alcohol On Your Own,” was inspired in part by these books.