The characteristics of people who prefer to stay single and unattached are unique. These individuals are special because they have unusually strong preferences in particular areas that do not follow the norm.
People who prefer being in a long-term relationship may have similar characteristics as an unattached single, but they are not nearly as strong. Their need for being in a tight-knit, committed relationship greatly exceeds their desire for freedom, for example.
There was a time when being a bachelor or bachelorette was considered an oddity. These people were thought of as being strange. But this is not the situation today. If a person likes being single and unattached, they are free to follow this path without much family and social pressure to do otherwise.
Society’s acceptance of staying single has grown as women have gain greater equity in salary and position with men in the workplace. This has removed the pressure to get married in order to leave their parent’s home.
If you’re uncertain about whether singlehood or marriage is for you, the following list of characteristics may help. If you find that you have many of these characteristics, the next step is self-acceptance. Once you do this, you’ll no longer struggle with trying to be someone you are not or question your stance on marriage.
Here are the characteristics of people who prefer to stay single and unattached. They…
- LOVE their freedom.
- Fully enjoy being alone.
- Have no fear of being alone.
- Have a strong aversion to being married.
- Can enjoy a vacation alone.
- Can enjoy a dinner out alone.
- Prefer one-on-one conversations to group discussions.
- Prefer a few close friendships to having many acquaintances.
- Prefer romantic partners who share these characteristics.
- Prefer careers doing independent work or being the boss.
- Like controlling all their free time.
- Like individual sports over team sports.
- Like creating a club rather than joining one.
- Like making all the decisions about their home.
- Like making all the decisions about their finances.
- Like making all the decisions about their purchases.
People who choose to stay single and unattached rather than coupled and married are a rare breed. They are Mustangs!