Most of us have a good idea of the type of person we want to be in a long-term relationship or marriage with. We especially know what we do not want. We evaluate potential partners based on these criteria when we meet or go out with them. However, not as much attention is placed on how we may be evaluated beyond our appearance.
I’ve observed many couple’s fighting where one partner is complaining, reprimanding, or even demanding that the other be what they want. Or behave in the way they want. This happens even though the complaining partner has not become the type of person that they are expecting their partner to be. Their complaints, reprimands, and demands should be directed at themselves, not their partner. Because they haven’t faced this truth their low self-esteem speaks through their subconscious mind and is expressed in an unjustified manner.
This is very common human behavior. We do it to our friends, family, and coworkers. We often place a much higher standard of behavior on others than we do ourselves. Overcoming this faultfinding behavior requires an advanced level of maturity, objectivity, and character. These qualities can be developed if you put your mind to it.
You have probably figured out the solution by now. The fastest and most reliable way to attract the kind of person you want is to become that person yourself first! Then it is very likely that you will also enjoy the kind of relationship that you want as well.
Here are some specifics.
- If you want a partner who is slim and fit, then get that way yourself first!
- If you want a partner who has strong principles, establish your own first!
- If you want a partner who has a solid career direction, get on one yourself first!
- If you want a partner who is well educated, start on that path yourself first!
- If you want a partner who dresses well, learn how to do this yourself first!
- If you want a partner who has self-confidence, get some yourself first!
- If you want a partner who has a nice personality, develop that in yourself first!
- If you want a partner who does not have baggage, eliminate your own first!
- If you want a partner who does not have any debt, get rid of your own first!
Like attracts like, according to the Law of Attraction. People who are similar in their character, outlook, and position in life are drawn to each other. Losers like being with other losers. Winners like being with other winners! If you want to attract a high-quality partner, become one yourself first!