The following list of what women want is based on research and informal interviews. Although this information is intended for men, women may benefit from reading it as well.
What Women Want in a Man
- A man who is confident.
- A man who loves her.
- A man who is romantic & does romantic things for her.
- A man who finds her attractive.
- A man who gives her security by committing to her.
- A man who is a good provider for her and any children.
- A man who is ambitious.
- A man who has a career or is working towards one.
- A man who takes care of his health.
- A man who is an optimist.
- A man with a sense of humor
- A man who listens to her for a few minutes daily.
- A man who respects her opinion.
- A man who she finds attractive.
- A man who dresses well & appropriate to occasion.
- A man who keeps his body in shape.
- A man who has the same values and principles as her.
- A man who has the same vision for the future as she.
- A man who can be loyal to her.
- A man who can be vulnerable but strong.
- A man who she can love forever!
Myths About What Women Want
All women want a man who is tall, muscular, and handsome. Not true. A small percentage of women must have a man with these features. Most women are more attracted to self-confidence, ambition, and intelligence than a man’s appearance.
All women want a man who is rich. Not true. A small percentage of women must have a man who is rich. The top priority of most women is to have a man who loves them. Wealth by itself is not much of an incentive for most women.
All women want a man who is well endowed. Not true. A small percentage of women must have a man like this. What the majority of women want most is a man who knows how to make mad passionate love to her. This is what gives her true satisfaction.
All women want a man with a full head of hair. Not true. There is a small percentage of women who don’t like bald or balding men. Some women like or even prefer bald men. Whether a man is bald or balding is not a top concern for most women. This is especially true if the man is not consumed by his hair loss and is generally comfortable in his own skin.
All women want a man who will take them out every weekend and buy them a lot of stuff. Not true. A small percent of women must have a man who does these things. Most women do not expect to be taken out every weekend or showered with gifts. Women’s preferences for how they want to spend their weekends vary widely.
What women want most is a man who will simply love her.