Included is an extensive list of carefully selected books that I have either read, reviewed, or researched. For more information, just click on the book’s title.
I am constantly adding new books. So be sure to check back occasionally.
Below is a list of the topic categories. Just click on a category title to jump down to it. Use the “Back” button in your browser to return to where you were.
Please report link or text errors here.
- Perfect Partner, Love of Your Life, Soul Mate
- Dating Skills, Dating Strategies, Online Dating
- Love, Intimacy, Romance, Sex
- Couple’s Communication, Art of Listening
- Breakup, Divorce, Loss of a Love
- Singlehood, Being Single, Singles Lifestyle
- Relationship Skills, Social Skills, Friendship Skills
- Self Image, End Shyness, Confidence, Courage
- Life Skills, Wisdom, Motivation, Inspiration
- Law of Attraction, Thought Power, Awareness
- Personal Development, Self Improvement, Success
- Nutrition, Supplements, Weight Loss, Exercise
- Addiction Cures, Stop Bad Habit, Self Mastery
- Career, Money Management, Financial Freedom
- Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Green Living
1. Perfect Partner, Love of Your Life, Soul Mate
- Finding Your Perfect Match by Pepper Schwartz, Ph.D., Perfect Match.com relationship expert.
- Falling in Love for All the Right Reasons: How to Find Your Soul Mate by Dr. Neil Clark Warren, eHarmony.com founder.
- Are You the One for Me?: Knowing Who’s Right and Avoiding Who’s Wrong by Barbara De Angelis, Ph.D. (As seen on Oprah.)
- What to Do Until Love Finds You: The Bestselling Guide to Preparing Yourself for Your Perfect Mate by Michelle McKinney Hammond
- Finding the One Who’s Right: Identify & Attract Your Perfect Partner Offline or Online by Brad Paul, Solotopia founder.
- The Mate Imaging System: Creation Tool, Targeting Map, Destination Guide by Brad Paul, Solotopia founder.
2. Dating Skills, Dating Strategies, Online Dating
- Date or Soul Mate?: How to Know if Someone is Worth Pursuing in Two Dates or Less by Dr. Neil Clark Warren, eHarmony.com founder
- Mars and Venus on a Date: A Guide for Navigating the 5 Stages of Dating to Create a Loving and Lasting Relationship by John Gray, Ph.D.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Love Stories: Stories of First Dates, Soul Mates, and Everlasting Love by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, & Peter Vegso
- He’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys (The Newly Expanded Edition) by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo
- Romancing The Web: A Therapist’s Guide To The Finer Points Of Online Dating by Diane M. Berry
3. Love, Intimacy, Romance, Sex
- Mars and Venus in the Bedroom: A Guide to Lasting Romance and Passion by John Gray, Ph.D.
- The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm (A popular classic.)
- Chicken Soup for the Couple’s Soul by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Mark Donnelly, Chrissy Donnelly, & Barbara De Angelis, Ph.D.
- What Women Want: What Every Man Needs to Know About Sex, Romance, Passion, and Pleasure by Laurence Roy Stains & Stefan Bechtel
- Women Men Love, Women Men Leave: What Makes Men Want to Commit? by Dr. Connell Cowan & Dr. Melvyn Kinder
- The Secret Lives of Men: What Men Want You to Know About Love, Sex, and Relationships by Christopher Blazina, Ph.D.
- Passion Prescription, The: Ten Weeks to Your Best Sex — Ever! by Laura Berman, Ph.D. (For Women.)
- Love Letters of Great Men by John Kirkland
4. Couple’s Communication, Art of Listening
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex by John Gray, Ph.D. (Male-female communication.)
- Communication Miracles for Couples: Easy and Effective Tools to Create More Love and Less Conflict by Jonathan Robinson
- Love Is Never Enough: How Couples Can Overcome Misunderstandings, Resolve Conflicts, and Solve by Aaron Beck, M.D.
- The Lost Art of Listening: How Learning to Listen Can Improve Relationships by Michael Nichols, Ph.D.
- Listening: The Forgotten Skill by Madelyn Burley-Allen
- The Couple’s Review: A Non-Confrontational Written Communication System – Featuring the Partner-Relationship Appraisal – by Brad Paul, Solotopia founder.
5. Breakup, Divorce, Loss of a Love
- Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay: A Step-by-Step Guide to Help You Decide Whether to Stay In or Get Out of Your Relationship by Mira Kirshenbaum
- How to Survive the Loss of a Love by Melba Colgrove, Ph.D; Harold H. Bloomfield, M.D.; and Peter McWilliams (If you’re in pain, get this book! It has gotten me through many dark nights of the soul. B.P.)
- Mars and Venus Starting Over: A Practical Guide for Finding Love Again After a Painful Breakup, Divorce, or the Loss of a Loved One by John Gray, Ph.D.
- How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life by Howard Bronson and Mike Riley
- Letting Go: A 12-Week Personal Action Program to Overcome a Broken Heart by Zev Wanderer
- A Woman’s Guide to Living Alone: 10 Ways to Survive Grief and Be Happy by Pamela Stone
6. Singlehood, Being Single, Singles Lifestyle
- Singled Out: How Singles Are Stereotyped, Stigmatized, and Ignored, and Still Live Happily Ever After by Bella DePaulo, Ph.D.
- Being Single in a Couple’s World: How to Be Happily Single While Looking for Love by Xavier Amador, Ph.D. and Judith Kiersky, Ph.D.
- Happily Single: (Before Happily Married!) by Diane Wigstone
- Single: The Art of Being Satisfied, Fulfilled and Independent by Judy Ford
- Living Alone and Loving It: A Guide to Relishing the Solo Life by Barbara Feldon
- Adventures in Singlehood by Susie Shellenberger and Michael Ross
7. Relationship Skills, Social Skills, Friendship Skills
- Mars and Venus Together Forever: Relationship Skills for Lasting Love by John Gray, Ph.D.
- How to Create a Magical Relationship by Ariel & Shya Kane
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Making Friends by Andrew Matthews (Wisdom in a nutshell. A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point writing style. B.P.)
- Intimate Connections by David D. Burns, M.D. (Making close friends & finding a loving partner.)
- How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes
8. Self Image, End Shyness, Confidence, Courage
- New Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, M.D. (Opened my eyes. B.P.)
- How to Be Your Own Best Friend by Mildred Newman and Bernard Berkowitz. (A life changing favorite. Here’s my story. B.P.)
- How to Develop Self-Confidence And Influence People By Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie
- Dare to Be Yourself by Alan Cohen
- Living Fully with Shyness and Social Anxiety: A Comprehensive Guide to Gaining Social Confidence by Erika B. Hilliard
- The Shyness & Social Anxiety Workbook: Proven, Step-by-Step Techniques for Overcoming Your Fear by Martin Antony, Ph.D. & Richard Swinson, M.D.
- The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence (Revised) by Dr. Robert Anthony (A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point style. B.P.)
- Feel the Fear… and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers, Ph.D.
9. Life Skills, Wisdom, Motivation, Inspiration
- Being Happy! by Andrew Matthews (Wisdom in a nutshell. A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point writing style. B.P.)
- Happiness in a Nutshell by Andrew Matthews (All his wisdom in nutshells. A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point writing style. B.P.)
- 50 Ideas That Can Change Your Life by Dr. Robert Anthony (A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point style. B.P.)
- The Traveler’s Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success by Andy Andrews
- The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective by Andy Andrews
- Real Life: Preparing for the 7 Most Challenging Days of Your Life by Dr. Phil McGraw
- The Art of Exceptional Living (Audio) by Jim Rohn (Discusses the principles for truly successful living. B.P.)
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
- Tao Te Ching, 25th-Anniversary Edition by Lao Tsu (Ultimate Wisdom.)
10. Law of Attraction, Thought Power, Awareness
- The Secret (Video) by Rhonda Byrne (As seen on Oprah. The movie version is absolutely the best way to learn “The Secret.” B.P.)
- The Secret (Audio) by Rhonda Byrne (As seen on Oprah. The audio version is the second best way to learn “The Secret.” B.P.)
- The Secret (Book) by Rhonda Byrne (Life changing insights. B.P. As seen on Oprah.)
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel (“The Secret” is based on this book.)
- Thoughts Are Things and The God In You by Prentice Mulford
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Jerry & Esther Hicks
- Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams by Jack Canfield & D.D. Watkins
- Having It All: Achieving Your Life’s Goals and Dreams by John Assaraf
- Leveraging the Universe and Engaging the Magic (Audio) by Mike Dooley (Easy to understand. B.P.)
- The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- You Can If You Think You Can by by Norman Vincent Peale
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Magic of Believing (Book) or (Audio) by Claude M. Bristol
- The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale
- Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings by Lynn Grabhorn
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (As seen on Oprah.)
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle (As seen on Oprah.)
11. Personal Development, Self Improvement, Success
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey, M.D.
- The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield with Janet Switzer
- Beyond Positive Thinking: A No-Nonsense Formula for Getting the Results You Want by Dr. Robert Anthony (A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point style. B.P.)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The Psychology of Winning by Dr. Denis Waitley
- Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills That Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed by Brian Tracy
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Pocketbook Guide to Fulfilling Your Dreams (One Hour of Wisdom) by Deepak Chopra, M.D.
- Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement by Anthony Robbins
12. Nutrition, Supplements, Weight Loss, Exercise
- Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eat To Live – For Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet by Brenda Davis
- Kiss Your Fat Goodbye: The Ultimate Guide to Losing Weight and Building a Healthy Body for Life by Gary Null, Ph.D.
- Power Foods: The 15 Best Foods for Your Health by Gary Null, Ph.D.
- Ultimate Lifetime Diet: A Revolutionary All-Natural Program for Losing Weight and Building a Healthy Body by Gary Null, Ph.D.
- The New Encyclopedia of Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements, and Herbs: How They Are Best Used to Promote Health and Well Being by Nicola Reavley
- Vitamins, Herbs, Minerals, & Supplements: The Complete Guide by H. Winter Griffith, M.D.
- Super Supplements for Skin, Body & Mind: How vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and herbs can make you look, feel and think young by Dalia Santina, Ph.D.
- Nutrients A – Z: A User’s Guide to Foods, Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements by Dr. Michael Sharon
- Lose Weight Now The Easy Way by Allen Carr
- The Complete Guide to Walking: For Health, Weight Loss, and Fitness by Mark Fenton
- The Complete Guide to Training with Free Weights by Graeme Marsh
- Men’s Health Ultimate Dumbbell Guide by Myatt Murphy
- The Great Dumbbell Handbook by Andre Noel Potvin
- 101 Ways to Work Out with Weights (For Women) Cindy Whitmarsh
- Smart Girls Do Dumbbells by Judith Sherman-Wolin
13. Addiction Cures, Stop Bad Habit, Self Mastery
- The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr (I would have quit a lot sooner had I found this brilliant book. B.P.)
- The Easy Way to Stop Drinking by Allen Carr (An inspiring message that does NOT sentence you to a lifetime AA meetings. B.P.)
- The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure: A Holistic Approach to Total Recovery by Chris Prentiss (An inspiring message that does NOT sentence you to a lifetime of AA meetings. B.P.)
14. Career, Money Management, Financial Freedom
- The 4-Hour work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferris (Audio CD) (Very inspiring! B.P.)
- Follow Your Heart by Andrew Matthews (Wisdom in a nutshell. A favorite author of mine. Concise and to the point writing style. B.P.)
- Think and Grow Rich: 70th Anniversary Edition (Updated) by Napoleon Hill
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley, Ph.D. & William Danko, Ph.D.
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- Your Money or Your Life: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Joe Dominguez & Vicki Robin
- You’re Broke Because You Want to Be: How to Stop Getting By and Start Getting Ahead by Larry Winget
- The Simple Living Guide: A Sourcebook for Less Stressful, More Joyful Living by Janet Luhrs
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money–That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki
15. Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Green Living
- The Homeowner’s Handbook to Energy Efficiency: A Guide to Big and Small Improvements by John Krigger & Chris Dorsi
- Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings, 9th Edition: Save Money, Save the Earth (Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings) by Jennifer Thorne Amann
- The Simply Solar House: Green Building on a Budget by Richard Crume & Yoko Crume
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Renewable Energy: Achieving Energy Independence through Solar, Wind, Biomass and Hydropower (Mother Earth News Wiser Living) by Dan Chiras
- Green Goes with Everything: Simple Steps to a Healthier Life and a Cleaner Planet by Sloan Barnett
- Easy Green Living: The Ultimate Guide to Simple, Eco-Friendly Choices for You and Your Home by Renee Loux
- Living Green: A Practical Guide to Simple Sustainability by Greg Horn
Why are renewable energy and green living books being recommended on this website?
Because I believe that this is an area where singles can take a leading role. Singles are already leading a social change on what it is to be single, so why not “marry” this effort with the quest for energy independence and efficiency for everyone! By taking a leading role in this important movement, singles can improve the quality of their lives and demonstrate their power and value as a community at the same time!
Please report link or text errors here.